Spending money isn’t a bad thing. As long as you’re spending it to further your goals, have fun within reason and you’re spending it in smart ways. Here are our favorite posts revolving around the topics of spending smarter.
If you want to read all of our posts on this topic, check out the spending smarter archives pages.
Let’s start with some of my favorite ways to spend smarter. These ideas, products or services can save you money.
- Find Extra Money By Spending Smarter – It Helped Us Pay Off $80,000 Of Debt
- 125 Money Saving Tips From Personal Finance Experts
- The Top 10 Money Mistakes To Avoid In Your 20s And 30s
- Our Travel Tips And Adventures Including Tips To Travel For Free
- I Can’t Believe I Missed Easy Savings With Rakuten – My Review
- It’s Officially Time – Save Money with a New Cell Phone Plan
- Our Walmart Grocery Pickup Review Plus $10 Off $50 Coupon Code
- Nectar Mattress Review – Is Buying A Mattress Online A Good Idea?
- The Best Place To Buy Tires And Get Deals Isn’t Where You Think
- 3 Ways To Get A Price Drop Refund After You Purchase An Item
- Should You Use Budget Billing For Your Utilities?
- Financing Furniture At 0% Is For Suckers
- Is Personal Capital Safe To Use To Monitor Your Spending?
These free downloadable resources can help you manage your money better.
- Free Budgeting Worksheet Printable To Help You Learn How To Budget
- Free Bill Payment Tracker + Six Other Ways to Avoid Late Payments
Budgeting is one of the keys to spending smarter for many people. It helps you make conscious decisions about where to spend your money, including spending money on fun.
- 257 Budget Categories To Help You Think Of Every Expense
- This Money Hack Will Help You Stop Living Paycheck To Paycheck
- Start Budgeting By Learning Your Income And Expenses
- Do You Have An Emergency Bare Bones Budget Plan?
- You Don’t Need A Budget – Instead Do These 7 Things
- How To Split Expenses with Roommates, Spouses and Family
- Looking At Your Income And Expenses In A New Way
- 9 Ways To Cut $100 From Your Monthly Budget
- Here’s How Anyone Can Live On Half Of Their Income Or Less
Buying a home is one of the biggest purchases in your life. If you rent, it’s likely your largest monthly expense. Here are posts about your biggest monthly expense.
- Surprise Costs Of Building A Brand New Home
- 5 Stupid Things People Always Complain About When Buying A House
- 5 Financial Mistakes On House Hunters That Drive Me Insane
- Quit Moving Every Couple Years – You’ll Save Thousands
- Are Homeowners Associations Good Or Bad? It Depends!
- Watch Out! 8 Hidden Costs Of Moving To A New Neighborhood
Behind your housing payment, your car expenses are likely one of your largest budget categories. Here are a few articles discussing the topic in depth.
- Is Buying A New Honda Odyssey Cheaper Than Buying Used?
- When Does It Make Sense To Drop Collision and Comprehensive Car Insurance?
- Business Mileage Reimbursement – Do You Really Make Money?
Vacations are one of the most fun budget categories to spend money in. Here are a few tips to make the most of your vacation money.
Grocery shopping provides a huge opportunity to save money. Here are some of our favorite tips.
It’s easy to go out to eat rather than cook at home. Here are some great ways to save while dining out.
- 23 Ways To Spend Less Money Eating Out At Restaurants
- A Rant About How Tipping Has Gotten Out Of Control
Credit card rewards are a great way to spend smarter, as long as you always pay your balance off in full and never pay interest. Here are some great articles about the topic.
Christmas and the holiday season can be a huge expense for families. Here are some tips to pay for the holidays without going into debt.
- Save Your Christmas Decoration Shopping for After Christmas
- 5 Inexpensive Gift Ideas for Friends and Family
Weddings are a huge one time expense. Thankfully, my wife and I were able to have an awesome wedding on a budget. Here’s a huge tip.
Personal finance and spending smarter isn’t black and white. Here are a few posts that help explore decisions you’ll have to make for yourself.
- 7 Ways to be Frugal Without Being Cheap
- What Temperature Do You Keep Your Thermostat At?
- You Should Tip Doctors, Lawyers And Accountants, Too!
And finally, here are the rest of our spending smarter posts we feel didn’t fit in within the above categories.
- 7 Reasons You Should Pay Your Bills As Soon As They Arrive
- 5 Simple And Cheap Ways To Surprise Your Significant Other
- Watch Out For These Retailer Tricks When Furniture Shopping
- Are Used Clothes Disgusting Or A Great Way To Save Money?
- My Money Weaknesses – What Are Yours?
- How Theme Parks and Movie Theaters “Price Gouge” for Food
- Why Redbox Isn’t As Cheap As You Think